According to New York Penal Code § 220.06, possession of 500 mg or more of cocaine is classified as criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree, a class D felony. Penalties for cocaine possession increase as the amount of cocaine in the defendant’s possession increases:
- Possession of less than 500 mg of cocaine is a class A misdemeanor.
- Possession of 500 mg or more of cocaine is a class D felony.
- Possession of two or more ounces of cocaine is a class C felony.
- Possession of four or more ounces of cocaine is a class A-II felony.
- Possession of eight or more ounces of cocaine is a class A-I felony.
- Possession of any amount of cocaine with the intent to sell is a class B felony.
Contact a Knowledgeable Rochester New York Cocaine Possession Attorney
If you or a loved one has been accused of a cocaine possession offense and are in need of a criminal defense lawyer in the Greater Rochester Area of New York, contact the Law Office of Emanuel N. Mouganis. We can guarantee you experienced, knowledgeable and reliable defense.